Hammond Legal Resources
Everyday in the United States, preventable accidents affect thousands of people. Personal injury lawsuits allow victims to recover their loses due to injury and property damage. Compensation or damages refer to economic and non-economic monetary compensation. Damages recoverable through personal injury claims can include:
- lost income
- medical expenses
- property damage
- physical, emotional, and mental pain and suffering
There are links provided below that can help those with no formal legal education understand prsonal injury law a little better. This information should not be used as legal advice. Personal injury law is complex. Enlisting the help of an experienced attorney can result in a much better outcome for your case, rathe than going it alone. In fact, the Insurance Research Council found in a study that victims with an attorney won 3.5 times more many than those without legal representation. We can make all the difference for your case. Are you interested in scheduling a FREE personal injury consultation with an attorney from New Iberia at The Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess? Call our office today! (877) 234-7573
New Iberia Legal Resources
- The Louisiana Revised Statutes – The full text of the Louisiana Revised Statutes.
- Texas Constitution and Statutes – A free online version of the Texas Constitution and Statues.
- Opinions of the Louisiana Supreme Court – A searchable database of opinions of the Louisiana Supreme Court.
- The Federal Rules of Civil Procedure – The full text of the rules that govern all federal civil court proceedings.
- Opinions of the United States Supreme Court – Recent opinions published by the United States Supreme Court.
- The Legal Information Institute – A website by Cornell University Law School. Providing free legal information to the public.
IBERIA PARISH COURTS AND POLICE
INFORMATION ABOUT INJURIES THAT CAN LEAD TO PERSONAL INJURY CLAIMS
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – A government agency. Provides information and data regarding common health issues. Including those that often arise from preventable accidents.
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration – Issues regulations dealing with highway traffic. Also maintains data about highway safety.