Hammond Medical Malpractice Attorney
Our health is trusted to the hands of medical professionals throughout our lives. We trust nurses, doctors, emergency rooms, and hospitals to take care of our families. We expect the highest level of care from these professionals.
Not every mistake or unfortunate event by a physician or hospital is a medical malpractice case. For there to be a legitimate case, an injured patient must prove a few things.
MEDICAL MALPRACTICE ATTORNEY
Medical malpractice cases occur when healthcare professionals do not provide adequate treatment or offer substandard treatment, which results in harm, injury, and in worst cases, the death of a patient. When the prescribed ‘standard of care’ is not followed, it leads to serious consequences. The truth is medical errors are quite common. In fact, most of the deaths in the US happen due to medical issues.
FILING A MEDICAL MALPRACTICE CLAIM UNDER LOUISIANA LAW
As per Louisiana Law, there is a one-year statute of limitations to file a medical claim. A medical malpractice lawsuit, however, is called a discovery rule i.e. a patient has one year to file a claim from the day they discover a malpractice. However, there’s a strict three-year time limit to file a case even if a patient doesn’t realize that their medical experts have committed a mistake.
When a malpractice is committed by private medical professionals, the Medical Malpractice Act is raised. Other medical malpractice claims fall under the Malpractice Liability for State Services Act.
Medical professionals owe a duty to decide:
- Whether to treat a patient or not.
- Whether they are to offer the required treatment.
- The different ways to carry out a treatment.
There could be multiple damages in an instance of medical malpractice for which monetary compensation can be claimed. These include
- Exorbitant medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
If you’ve become a victim of medical malpractice, it’s always better to seek the assistance of medical professionals. Hammond medical malpractice attorneys at the Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess have more than 20 years of hands-on experience in tackling innumerable medical malpractice cases. The solicitors here are adept in:
- Dealing with insurance adjusters
- Investigating an entire incident
- Arranging a medical testimony
If you or your loved one has suffered on account of a medical error, don’t hesitate to contact our expert attorneys instantly! It’s important to file a medical malpractice lawsuit within one year of an incident; so, reach out to us without the slightest delay!
The attorneys here work on a contingency basis i.e. our fee is based on the financial compensation that you receive. So, you don’t have to pay out unnecessarily. Let’s start your case today!
IF YOU OR A LOVED ONE IS IN NEED OF LEGAL ASSISTANCE, CONTACT US NOW.
Call our office today for a FREE review of your personal injury case. We typically work on a contingent agreement basis, which means our fees are contingent upon the outcome of your case.
Don’t Delay! You may have a valid claim! Let us help you get your compensation before the statute of limitations expires!
Parties Represented by Personal Injury Lawyer Receive Nearly 3.5 Times More Money in a Settlement Than Those Without an Attorney.
– Insurance Research Council Study 2004
Common Medical Malpractice Cases
- Hospital Negligence: A hospital can be held accountable for the negligence of its employees. This, however, may not apply to an independent contractor.
- Failure to Offer Required Treatment: There are instances when a doctor overlooks some of the most evident symptoms, thereby worsening the condition of a patient.
- Mistakes in Anesthesia Administration: Errors in anesthesia administration happen due to factors such as carelessness, inexperience or unfamiliarity. Some of the other complications include too much anesthesia, too little anesthesia, drug interaction, defective equipment, and delayed delivery.
- Surgical errors: Some of the shocking surgical errors include performing the wrong surgery, operating the wrong part of a patient’s body, and leaving a foreign object in a patient’s body.
For efficient legal services, the Hammond medical malpractice attorneys are readily available.
Don’t Delay! Call Clay!
DON’T DELAY, CALL THE LAW OFFICES OF L. CLAYTON BURGESS
MEDICAL MALPRACTICE ATTORNEY | HAMMOND, LA